MCR Recruitment Privacy Statement
This statement relates to the personal information we collect and process as the data controller when you seek employment with us and gives you more detail about what we do with it. It also lets you know your rights.
Thank you for interest in joining MCR Group. As part of your application you will provide us with personal information, so we can consider you for a position with us. This personal information can include your:
- name, address, contact details and photograph;
- age, date of birth and place of birth;
- nationality and marital status;
- employment history (such as employers, dates of employment, duties, achievements, and reasons for leaving);
- education history (such as places of education, education level and attainment);
- personal interests and activities, personal achievements, and actual or expected levels of remuneration; and
- documentation confirming identity (such as driver’s licence, passport), address, residency status in Ireland,
and qualifications and certifications.
We collect and use this personal information to consider your application to work with us effectively, lawfully, and fairly. This means using your personal information to enable us to:
- comply with our legal obligations in considering your application; and
- subject always to your rights, pursue MCR Group’s legitimate best interests in selecting and appointing the most suitable candidates for employment; and
- take steps, in the context of your application, prior to entering into an employment contract with you.
- HOW we use your personal information
We use your personal information only to consider you for a position with MCR Group, and if you are successful, offering you employment.
2.1 Meeting our legal obligations
MCR Group has legal obligations to consider your application fairly and without discrimination. We use your personal information where necessary for ensuring these legal obligations are met.
2.2 MCR Group’s legitimate interests
The personal information provided as part of your application is processed in our legitimate business interests to ensure we select the most suitable candidate(s) for employment.
2.3 Taking steps prior to entering into an employment contract
As part of the application process, we may use your personal information to help us take relevant steps, in response to your application, prior to entering into an employment contract with you.
If you object to this processing, you can at any time write to us and withdraw your application. We will cease processing your personal information and, if you wish, permanently delete it.
2.4 Registered interest for future roles
If you registered your interest to be considered for roles with MCR Group, you may have also consented to us using your personal information to periodically contact you by email or other messaging service with details of roles that you may have an interest in.
If you registered your interest before [date], we use your personal information in this way for our legitimate interests in meeting your expectations that you will be informed of roles from time to time.
In both cases you can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in our messages, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PERSONAL DATA NOT OBTAINED FROM YOU
Information about you from third parties is also personal information, including from: (i) a recruitment business; (ii) a referee you have provided; or (iii) a government agency, such as the Private Security Authority.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION RELATING TO YOUR HEALTH AND CRIMINAL RECORD
We may ask for health information or information relating to whether you have been involved in criminal or unlawful activity.
In the case of health information, we only use this information to meet our employment and legal obligations to you, exercise our rights as a prospective employer or protect our legal position.
In the case of information relating to criminal or unlawful activity, we only use this information if you explicitly consent to our using it at the time we collected it, and it will be used only when necessary to
- ensure you are suitable for the opportunity you are applying for;
- carry out our legal obligations, or exercise our rights as a prospective employer; or
- protect our legal position.
This is particularly important in the context of the activities of the MCR Group.
If you do not provide your consent to the processing of this information, we may not be able to consider your application.
- WHO ELSE RECEIVES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with the categories of third parties detailed below. Your personal information is not shared with anyone else. It is not transferred outside the European Union (unless otherwise stated).
- Governmental authorities (such as An Garda Síochána or the Revenue Commissioners), where necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise or defend our legal rights.
- Information technology and systems These third parties can only use the personal information we share to provide their services to us.
- Recruitment advisers and service providers. We may provide personal information so their services or advice can be supplied to us.
- Referees, for the purposes of seeking references in accordance with your written and verified instructions.
- How long do we keep this personal information?
We retain your personal information for a period of no more than twelve months after the relevant recruitment campaign has finished. If you write to us withdrawing your application, we will delete your personal information immediately if you ask us to, provided we do not need to keep it.
If you have registered your interest to be considered for future roles with MCR Group, we will retain your personal information for that purpose until the you unsubscribe from notifications or, if earlier, five years from the date you register.
- Your Rights
7.1 Right to withdraw consent
Where we have asked for your consent for any of our processing of personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time. Write to us at our address or email [ ]. Once your request has been verified, we will stop our processing within one working day. This only applies in respect of processing where your consent has been provided.
7.2 Accessing, deleting, rectifying and moving your personal information
You have the right to:
- access your personal information;
- require us to delete it;
- rectify any personal information we hold that is incorrect; and/or
- have your personal information transmitted to another data controller.
If you want to exercise these rights, please let us know in writing. You will need to provide sufficient information to verify and complete your request. We will complete your request within thirty days, subject to any legal or other requirements that requires us not to complete your request, in which case we shall inform you of this where we are permitted to do so.
7.3 Lodging a complaint
You can at any time complain about our processing of your personal information with your local data protection authority. MCR Group’s supervisory authority is:
Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, Co. Laois, Ireland
7.4 How do you contact us?
The data controller is MCR Outsourcing Ltd.
You can write to us at: Unit 1 The Capel Building, Strand Street Little, Mary’s Abbey, Dublin 7
You can email us at: email@example.com