Our client, a nationwide contractor, is looking for a setting out engineer with at least five years’ experience for a permanent salaried role on a signature multi-storey commercial new build in Dublin 2.
Candidates would require a proficiency with Total Station Topcon or Leica and/or a GPS Trimble EDM instrumentation. Some element of sub contractor and labour management is required, but primarily the job focus is setting out.
This position offers a generous above market package and vehicle.
Start Date: 21st October 2019
Roles and Responsibilities
- The day to day setting out of all aspects on site
- Organising labourers and subcontractors
- Ensure that the drawings, details and specifications are fully adhered to on site
- Ensure designs and specifications are fully adhered to
- Onsite information management from specification, design drawings and design issues
- Engaging with design teams to overcome any problems or issues that arise in the course of construction
- Liaising with site management to ensure the smooth running and management of the project
- Material quality management
- Reporting to Contract Manager/Head of Construction
- Ensuring quality of works
- Managing Health and Safety on site
- Chairing site and construction team meetings
- Continuous CPD development
- Degree/Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent; 5 + years post qualification experience
- Background in large scale, residential construction
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets
- To have good spoken and written communication skills