Experienced Quantity Surveyor required to join a busy, established contractor in Galway
Our client, established over 80 years, is a main contractor that specialises in commercial, residential, leisure/hospitality, healthcare and industrial/infrastructure projects. Due to their strong reputation and commitment to delivering projects as specified, they have established themselves as one of the top contractors in the country.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor for a large commercial project in Galway. The successful candidate will have at least 4 years experience and will be experienced in large commercial and/or residential projects.
The successful candidate will have:
- 4+ years of experience working within a large main contractor on projects worth €20m + in value.
- Have significant relevant Quantity Surveying experience, ideally with a contractor/builder
- A strong desire to progress quickly within the company, potentially to Surveying Director
- Possess either a Third Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying or demonstrate significant and high level of experience obtained working in a comparable role
- Be able to demonstrate the knowledge and experience required to complete projects under budget taking into consideration difficult time constraints
- Have an extensive knowledge of construction practices that can be used on site to analyse the design and propose potential cost saving measures
- Keeping up to date with pricing matrices and inflationary impacts
- Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and Information Technology in general