Our client, a top Irish Contractor, have a great opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Officer to join their team in Dublin City Centre. This position comes with a generous package, ancillary benefits and further career opportunities.
The initial project is a large, multi-storey apartment block with an expected duration of 18-months.
Necessary Skills & Requirements:
- Third level education in Health & Safety or related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 2 years Health & Safety experience with a main contractor.
- Qualification in manual handling instruction would be an advantage.
- Experience in leading and carrying out risk assessment.
- Ability to deliver training modules to all levels of the organisation to include; first aid, manual handling and fire warden training.
- Highly motivated and meticulous in attention to professional standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment and can engage, motivate and work with people.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Develop, monitor, implement and audit Health and Safety procedures/policies in business.
- Update and maintain Health & Safety procedures and the organisations Safety Statement in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Carry out risk assessments and ensure risks are reduced.
- Keep record of incidents & accidents and produce statistics for senior management.
- Keep up to date on new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation and any developments affecting the industry.
- Provide training to include; Induction, Refresher and Manual Handling Training as required.
- Represent the Company during outside Agency Audits/Inspections and liaise as required with the Health & Safety Authority.
- Co-Ordinate the Health and Safety committee for all sites and ensure regular monthly meetings.
- Improve the health and safety culture, through training and awareness campaigns.