Health and Safety Manager with 10+ years experience required for leading, international Construction Consultancy Company – based in Dublin and Amsterdam.
Our client is an internationally acclaimed group of construction professionals providing the highest standards of quantity surveying, project management and consultancy services to the global construction industry.
In addition to their established offices in the UK, Ireland, Romanie and West Indies, they have expanded their operations by opening offices in France, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, servicing clients in 150 cities in over 40 countries.
The organisation is structured into a series of specialist project service teams, each with specific skills and experience to provide faster project delivery, greater cost efficiency and maximum value for money from the built asset investment.
They are currently recruiting for the newly created post of Health and Safety Manager.
This appointment is to ensure that the highest standards of Health and Safety are implemented across all of their construction projects. The Health & Safety Manager will oversee the implementation of high standards of Health & Safety management across each construction site.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the identification and management of high-risk activities at each stage of the projects; including liaising with design teams and working with contractors in forward safety planning and coordination of works activities.
- Monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for assessment and evaluation across all construction projects.
- Reviewing and assessing the health and safety implications of changes as they occur during construction projects.
- Developing, implementing, reporting and communicating structures on Health and Safety management performance for each project to enable accurate assessment and evaluation.
- Actively engaging with all aspects of day-to-day Health and Safety Management.
- Attending planning and coordination reviews, for both day-to-day and longer term safety planning for work activities.
- Assisting in the evaluation of effectiveness of Health and Safety planning at site level e.g. through the assessment of communications with all parties, including contractors, workers and supervisors.
- Carrying out independent Health and Safety audits on all aspects of construction management.
- Assessment of accidents, incidents and near-miss reporting; including the evaluation of findings, and monitoring the implementation of corrective and preventive measures.
- Ongoing assessment of the resources provided by contractors to enable implementation of the contractor’s safety management programme.
- Encouraging and promoting Health and Safety initiatives aimed at influencing positive safety behaviour on the sites.
- Encouraging and promoting contractor participation in structured Health and Safety awards schemes by recognised bodies.
- Full time senior safety adviser role based across two main sites in Dublin, Ireland and in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior role with formal qualification in Health and Safety management, with relevant experience in construction Health and Safety management.
- Extensive experience in contractor communications and liaising with design teams and other project professionals.
- Relevant Health and Safety Membership of recognised organisation (e.g. the Institute of Occupational Safety & health (IOSH)); preferably at chartered status (or recognised equivalent)
- Strong communication skills with associated excellent reporting skills.
To apply for this position, please email your current CV to email@example.com, or upload your CV below.