Our client is a large Irish Contractor with a proven reputation in delivering high quality projects in civil, building and residential developments throughout Ireland and the UK. They are currently seeking a Contracts Manager for residential developments throughout Dublin. This role comes with a competitive pay package, ancillary benefits and great career opportunities.
The right candidate will have a third level qualification in Civil Engineering on Construction Management, and a proven track record of seeing projects through to their successful completion. Previous residential experience would be advantageous but not essential. Candidates must have the ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality on completion
- Ensuring in receipt of and fully aware of all information at estimating/surveying handover
- The development of project commercial plans and ensuring buy in from the project team and management
- Provision of advice and feedback as projects progress to senior management
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Experience in working on commercial/industrial projects
- Previous experience delivering PPP projects
- Recent and relevant experience as a Contracts Manager
- Commercially minded
- Supervising experience
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Proactive approach
- Health and Safety experience