MCR have an exciting new opportunity for a Cleaning Contracts Manager to join our innovative and growing management team.
If you feel you are ready for the next step in your career, have the energy, drive and enthusiasm to be a success and genuinely care about delivering good service, then this could be the right role for you.
For this demanding role, you will need to be a highly organised and committed individual with sound communications skills, who can lead teams in order to achieve the company’s high standards.
Hours of Work
- Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
- Some weekend work will be required
- Provide support for the Site Supervisors and Staff in ensuring that the site is run with operational quality and financial effectiveness
- Responsible for all day to day aspects relating to the management and maintenance of the cleaning service within the contract specification to the agreed KPI’s and SOP’s
- Have full working knowledge of the areas in the building which are covered by the services provided by the MCR Group
- Responsible for work allocation to the cleaning team, keeping within the specified detail of the contract the financial budget and working principles
- Ensure all staff have high standards of personal hygiene & appearance, and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified
- Control and issue cleaning material ensuring stock rotation and safety in storage
- Carry out scheduled cleaning audits to monitor and manage cleaner’s performance and adherence to Company standards as per the requirements of the contract
- Liaise with the Cleaning Operatives to identify training required to implement the standards to facilitate the running of the contract, and deliver training as required
- Be aware of the condition of the equipment, organise repairs/replacements as appropriate to ensure that all equipment is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to the client and ensure they are rectified. Ensure equipment is not used until safe to do so. All reports to be communicated to the administration support team.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace. Follow client/company guidelines with regards to the identification and reporting of health and safety hazards e.g. blocked/locked fire doors.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all MCR Group Contracts.
- Cover in other areas for area managers during periods of holidays and sickness.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
- All cleaning and hygiene standards to meet service specification
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous Supervision/Contracts Manager experience within the cleaning industry
- Excellent people management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills effective at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Committed, motivated and passionate about people and service delivery
When applying, please provide a cover letter and your most up to date CV