MCR Security Staff Attend the GDPR & Accountability Seminar in the Sheraton Hotel, Athlone
Members of the MCR Security management team and a number of our Security staff attended the General Data Protection Regulation & Accountability Seminar in the Sheraton Hotel, Athlone last week. This full day workshop was organised by the Local Enterprise Office and was hosted by training expert Clare Copas of Optimum Results Ltd., with an objective to advise and educate on the new GDPR coming in to effect on May 25th.
The aim of this workshop was to generate an awareness of the parameters of the EU General Data Protection Regulation which comes into effect in a few weeks.
Participants of the workshop were advised in the areas of:
- Identifying the actions you need to take to prepare your business/organisation in advance of the GDPR implementation
- Understanding accountability
- Awareness surrounding the policies, procedures and systems to implement in order to achieve GDPR compliancy
- Planning towards GDPR accountability
This full day workshop covered areas such as:
- Data Inventory
- Privacy Statements
- Data Breaches & Data Breach Reporting