Our client, a reputable top ten Irish contractor is seeking a Purchasing Officer for their operations in Dublin. Generous package afforded. The ideal candidate will have 3 years previous procurement experience in the construction industry and a business or commercial qualification.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure that purchasing policy and procedures are followed with regards to the purchase of materials, equipment, plant and machinery, and vendors
- Conduct due diligence on appropriate supply chain partners and make recommendations for vendors
- Sourcing suitable materials as per site requirements and associated spec for same
- Agree costs and deliveries with suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders for procuring materials, equipment, plant and machinery
- Manage the maintenance of a database for materials, equipment, plant and machinery
- Coordinate company-wide initiatives to improve cost-recording
- Oversee Maintenance and Distribution of Own Plant
- Source External Plant when required
- Maintain Internal and External Plant Database
- Process Plant Orders
- Oversee External Transport
- Oversee Own Transport Fleet
- Produce Cost Reports as requested
- Deal with Invoice Queries in timely manner
- Maintain Supplier Relationships
- Other Duties as they arise in Purchasing Dept
The successful candidate will have a highly organised approach and ability to execute complex tasks and procedures with strong attention to detail in managing information, including database and file management. Along with a proven track record of building relationships with external suppliers. This is a permanent full-time role.
Please apply via the form below.