Great opportunity for an emerging Health and Safety Officer in Dublin. Our client is a top Irish Contractor seeking to add an experienced Health and Safety officer. The position comes with a generous package, ancillary benefits and further career opportunities.
Our client, a top tier building and civil contractor is a seeking a good up and coming junior Health and Safety Officer to manage a collection of sites throughout the greater Dublin area. This would be a wonderful opportunity for the successful candidate to progress within one of the biggest contractors in Ireland.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- Third level education in Health and Safety or related discipline is required
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years Health and Safety experience with a main contractor
- Qualification in manual handling instruction would be an advantage
- Experience in leading and carrying out a Risk Assessment
- Ability to deliver training modules to all levels of the organisation to include, first aid, manual handling and fire warden training
- Highly motivated and meticulous in attention to professional standards
- Ability to work in a team environment and can engage, motivate and work with people
- Excellent organisational and co-ordination skills
- Good communication skills
- Develop, monitor, implement and audit Health and Safety procedures/policies in business
- Update and maintain Health and Safety procedures and the Organisation’s Safety Statement in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Carry out risk assessments and ensure risks are reduced
- Keep record of incidents and accidents and produce statistics for senior management
- Keep up to date on new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation and any developments affecting the industry
- Provide training; Induction, Refresher and Manual Handling Training as required
- Represent the company during outside agency audits/inspections and liaise as required with the Health and Safety Authority
- Co-ordinate the Health and Safety committee for all sites and ensure regular monthly meetings
- Improve the health and safety culture, through training and awareness campaigns
Please apply via the form below.